When you’re pregnant you no longer have the liberty to eat whatever you want. In fact, eating for two will become a priority. This can be a nerve wrecking obligation especially when you hear people tell you this and that and reading about inconsistent information. Through my pregnancy, I stuck with eating healthy meals and here are some of the foods that I was eating when I was pregnant with my daughter.
- A cup of yogurt contains as much calcium as milk.
- Leaf veggies such as spinach and Kale helps fight diseases & absorb iron. They are rich in vitamin C, calcium, fiber, and folate. Dark
- Eggs contain choline which helps baby’s brain development. They are high in protein, vitamin, and minerals.
- Salmons are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that provides protein & b vitamins. They are good for baby brain and eyes.
- Berries have high potassium, folate, vitamin c & fiber.
- Avocados are high in folic acid, potassium, vitamin c & b6. They help with baby’s tissue and brain growth.
- Beans are high in fiber, protein, foliate, iron, calcium and zinc.
- Sweet potatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, folate, and fiber.